Friday, August 19, 2011

August already?!?! A little update

Okay, so I'm officially very bad at blogging.  Since my last post we moved (back to Orem), bought an old-school nine-passenger suburban (for real), welcomed my brother home from his mission (Wyatt, SC spanish speaking), survived a week without Mark (he went camping and left me to figure out who would watch Erik while I was at work), bought me a mini-chopper (pretty sure this is another baby step towards a full size motorcycle for me), went to San Diego (cruise night!), bought Mark another motorcycle (yes, another!), said goodbye to Paul and Erin (we'll visit you in Grenada), bought a new car (biggest purchase of my life), went to Las Vegas (for 4 full hours to see Rawlaw get married), returned our new car (apparently getting married did not resolve my commitment issues) and looked for another new car (this is getting ridiculous).  It's been a busy month and we have had quite a few new vehicle registrations.

So now for the cute stuff.  Erik is adorable!  He is in the 25th percentile for head size and weight and the 75th for height.  The little guy is growing up fast.
He is now a pro at rolling over... He was doing it for days before I happened to catch it.  Mark would give him tummy time 3 times a day so usually it only takes a couple of seconds for him to flip.  After a few times in a row he got tired and slowed down enough for me to catch it on video:
He also has started to laugh all of the time.  I tell people all of the time what a great baby we have, but I don't think they believe me until we ask them to babysit.  He truly spoils us (even when he is tired or hungry).


It has been a good month.  Now let's see if I get any better at keeping up with this now that things have calmed down!

3 comments:

  1. My gosh, you guys are officially the busiest people ever! :) What a cute little guy you have. Sweet as pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome you have such an easy kiddo! Thanks for the update. You guys REALLY HAVE been busy. Erik has changed so much. What a cutie. In a couple of those pics I think he looks a lot like you. It always amazes me how much they grow and change in such a small amount of time.
    Keep the posts comin' ;)
    Excited for you guys to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha. i am dying. i miss that kid. i want to babysit him.
    annnnd he's starting to look more like you! way to go, TM.

    ReplyDelete