Life has been great lately. I have loved spending more time with Erik, even though doing so made me realize I'm not as patient as I thought I was. Apparently it's really easy to be patient with a baby you only see for a few hours a day. Last night I stayed up late working on a resume for my cousin. When I went to bed I realized that I would likely 5 hours of sleep or less because Erik always wakes up early. I knew it was a little ridiculous but I prayed that he would sleep in a little and that I would feel refreshed when he woke up. It worked! He slept until 7:19 and although it wasn't even 6 hours, I woke up fully refreshed and feeling great. It has been an awesome morning! (Erik's mother's day gift to me was to dig up my basil and eat some of the dirt, just what I wanted)
Yesterday was a little rough, we found out that about $20,000 worth of mostly brand new scuba equipment and tools were stolen out of storage. Mark was obviously quite upset as most of it was purchased at deep discounts because of trade work he did for a shop, so to replace everything will probably cost a quite a bit more than $20,000. Not a good time as we are draining our savings to the last penny to buy a house and I'm not yet making much at my new job. It has been an interesting experience for our family. Let's just hope the home owner's insurance covers the loss (even though it wasn't at our home).

It's nice to hear that I'm not alone in thinking my patience is lacking some days being a mom. That's awesome that you were able to get the sleep you needed. Sometimes that makes all the difference. I hope you guys are able to somehow get Mark's stuff back; even if it's a long shot.
ReplyDelete