Monday, August 20, 2012

That awkward moment...

... when you think you send a late night ranting text to your husband, only to discover it also went to every member of your family.  Tonight will forever be known as the great cranberry juice debacle.

Saturday was my sister's bridal shower and one of my other sisters was talking about how to avoid a UTI.  I have never had one and never worried about it, but sure enough as soon as I got home I started to worry about it and decided it was time to drink some cranberry juice.  I told my husband I needed to go to the store, and he reminded me we had some whole cranberries in the freezer.  Days passed and I still didn't make anything with the frozen cranberries, so tonight he went to work and I started stewing.

Unfortunately, today was my sister's birthday and (like the good sister I am) I sent a text to Mark and everyone else in my family to remind them to wish her a happy birthday.  Of course while busy stewing over cranberries I failed to notice the long list of names that followed Mark's on the text I sent.  I didn't notice until I started to get many replies almost immediately.  Anger instantly diffused followed by excessive laughter and feelings of awkwardness.

The rant started out strong: "Love, I wish you would have let me go get cranberry juice instead of pushing your frozen cranberry agenda."  Yes, it's his agenda, almost to the level of a conspiracy.  Almost.  Later I acknowledge in the text that he didn't actually stop me, but it didn't matter.  Luckily I didn't include a line about him knowing how lazy I can be about making food at night.  That's one deep dark secret I never want out.  I went on for a while and end it with "I'm not mad, I just thought I should say something so it doesn't continue." Translation, I was mad in the moment but realized how stupid this was by the time I typed everything out but still wanted to send it.

I would like to say I will be more careful with my texts in the future, but it's unlikely.

In case you wonder about anything else, life is great.  Erik is still getting bigger.  Mark still spends inordinate amounts of time at the gym and I still work too much.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha... good thing you guys are close with your family (probably didn't want to be THAT close, though).
    As far as the cranberry thing goes, I have friends who get UTIs often and they say that it can help. Odds are that if you haven't had one yet, you are not very prone to them. I'm lucky in that sense, but I've heard they can be brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TM, you're a nicer fighter than i am!

    ReplyDelete